|Title:||Donor Relations Manager|
United Way of Allen County is currently seeking a full time Donor Relations Manager to join our staff!
The Mission of United Way of Allen County (UWAC) is to unite our community’s time, talent and treasure to cultivate and advance community solutions that address the most critical issues around basic needs, education, financial stability, and healthy lives.
United Way employees possess the passion, expertise, and resources required to make great things happen–we invite you to be a part of the change, to share our vision of an Allen County where all individuals and families discover and achieve their potential.
As such, we are currently seeking a full time Donor Relations Manager to join our staff.
This position will work as part of the Resource Development team and is responsible for the creative development, implementation, and evaluation of fundraising strategies. This role will build relationships with companies and individuals in assigned accounts to support financial and relationship building goals for UWAC.
The Donor Relations Manager will also share the overall responsibility of developing and maintaining revenue streams required to advance the community impact work of the organization. You will also be expected to provide quality account management and work to develop relationships that engage and enhance donor and volunteer connections. This includes documenting pertinent daily interactions and information in our CRM database and complying with all internal controls regarding the handling of Campaign Report Envelopes, cash, checks, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two (2) years experience in fundraising, sales or related area; not-for-profit experience preferred
- Ability to close a sale utilizing educational and persuasive strategies.
- Demonstrated skill in fund development managing a diverse account portfolio of at least $1.5M.
- Demonstrated ability to follow best practices, personalize products for sales success, and deliver on promises.
- Ability to interact effectively, foster teamwork, and build positive relationships with community leaders, agency partners, donors, co-workers, and volunteers
- Effective oral and written communications skills with an ability to relate with a diverse group of individuals and organizations in a concise and articulate manner. Strong public speaking skills are necessary for the success of this position.
- High degree of professionalism that requires the use of courtesy, tact, and discretion
- Demonstrated analytical and data analysis skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office computer applications (Outlook, Word, Access and Excel required)
- Ability to handle confidential information and management of a variety of responsibilities
- Have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of current insurance
If you are excited about being our next Donor Relations Manager, please complete the application and submit a thorough cover letter and resume.