|Title:||Donor Relations Manager|
|Shift:||Days, Occasional Nights & Weekends|
United Way of Allen County is currently seeking a full-time Donor Relations Manager to join our staff!
The mission of United Way of Allen County (UWAC) is to unite our community’s time, talent, and treasure to cultivate and advance community solutions that address the most critical issues around basic needs, education, financial stability, and healthy lives.
United Way employees possess the passion, expertise, and resources required to make great things happen–we invite you to be a part of the change, to share our vision of an Allen County where all individuals and families discover and achieve their potential.
As such, we are currently seeking a full-time Donor Relations Manager to join our staff.
This position will work as part of the Resource Development team and is responsible for the creative development, implementation, and evaluation of fundraising strategies. This role is expected to provide quality account management and build relationships with companies and individuals to support financial and relationship building goals for UWAC.
To be successful in this role, one must:
- Develop and execute annual campaign plans and goals for assigned accounts to ensure their continued participation and satisfaction with United Way of Allen County while driving increased revenue to advance the community impact work of the organization.
- Track and project annual revenue for assigned accounts accurately. Manage and monitor total campaign progress, identify potential problems, and make adjustments as necessary to attain goals.
- Analyze and evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of past campaigns for assigned accounts and develop new strategies targeted at broadening and deepening the base of giving.
- Recruit and manage volunteer leadership.
- Take initiative, have strong attention to detail, work independently, produce consistently error-free work, demonstrate leadership, and embody UWAC’s core values.
- Document account interactions in a timely and accurate manner in the organizational database.
- Accept responsibility for other duties as assigned.
- Must be organized and task-oriented to ensure deadlines are met
- Balance a variety of perspectives within a politically-sensitive environment
- Ability to handle confidential information and comply with internal controls, including the handling of pledges and donations
- Interact effectively with diverse groups of individuals and organizations
- Bachelor's degree required; prefer at least two (2) years experience in fundraising, sales or related area, not-for-profit experience strongly preferred
- Excellent customer service, follow through, professionalism, and courtesy
- Ability to close a sale utilizing personalized educational and persuasive strategies in a concise and articulate manner
- Demonstrated skill in fund development managing a diverse account portfolio of at least $1.5M
- Strong oral and written communication, public speaking, editing, and project management skills
- Must be proficient and comfortable with use of a computer and its applications including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), among other items; CRM experience preferred
- Have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of current insurance
- Ability to periodically work evenings and weekends
- Work is primarily carried out in a controlled, agreeable environment as generally represented by normal office conditions
- Physical exertion includes bending, pushing, standing, sitting, and walking
- Must be able upon occasion to move or lift and carry bags and boxes up to 25 pounds in weight
- The employee will frequently be required audibly to address large groups of people in an indoor setting
- Good vision and good hearing acuity (with glasses and hearing aids if necessary)
- Skill in use of computer screens and manual dexterity skill in use of keyboard
If you are excited about joining our team as a Donor Relations Manager, please complete the application and submit a thorough cover letter and resume.
United Way of Allen County is an EEO/Vets/Disabled employer.