Receptionist/Retail Support (Part-Time)
|Title:||Receptionist/Retail Support (Part-Time)|
*** 10-15 hours a week; Tuesdays 11am-4pm and Thursdays 1pm-6pm with potential additional hours!
This part time position works with the Retail Operations Manager to ensure the retail store at incumbent service center provides great customer service by covering the daily tasks associated with the functioning of a retail store and/or the front desk.
- Assists with all aspects of customer service by responding to and resolving customer issues
- Assist with maintaining inventory levels on sales floor by restocking merchandise
- Develop attractive merchandising displays
- Operate point of sale equipment and other basic office equipment as needed
- Accurately record transactions, including sales, receipt of inventory and in-council transfers
- Assist with approved promotions or specialized off-site shopping opportunities
- Assist with merchandise ordering and inventory control.
- Assist with front desk responsibilities.
- Offer other retail assistance as needed.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the council’s goals.
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in retail.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Ability to take control without taking over.
- Experience working with and recruiting volunteers to assist on projects and in task groups.
- Strong customer service skills with ability to communicate in a professional manner with a wide range of people. Unequivocal commitment to pluralism.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion when handling potentially confidential or sensitive manners.
- Strong time management skills; ability to take initiative to solve problems and work with minimum supervision.
- Preferred experience with sales, merchandising and operating of cash register
- Preferred experience with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Accurate, organized, and detail-oriented, with ability to work under pressure and shift priorities in response to changing needs.
- Math aptitude and strong financial skills.
- Sufficient strength to lift and carry up to 30 pounds without assistance.
- Ability to keep accurate records and files
- Ability to work in a team environment with staff and volunteers.
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, moderate lifting and carrying (up to thirty (30) pounds).
- Full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Ability to sit at a computer work station for extended periods of time.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to focus on detail and accuracy of work product.
- Work is performed primarily in a non-smoking office environment, though travel may expose employee to inclement weather conditions.
- Valid Driver's License and willingness to travel to various work and meeting locations to meet with volunteers and staff.
- Insurable under the Council’s policy for driving and proof of personal vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as needed.
- Occasional high stress may be experienced in dealing with staff and volunteers.
- A commitment and passion for the Girl Scout Mission and an ability to effectively promote and communicate the Mission and Vision to external and internal stakeholders.
- Willingness to become of member of GSUSA
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications