|Title:||Vice President of Communications and Marketing|
The VISION of United Way of Allen County is ...
An Allen County where all individuals and families discover and achieve their potential.
The MISSION of United Way of Allen County is to ...
Unite our community’s time, talent, and treasure to cultivate and advance community solutions that address the most critical issues around basic needs, education, financial stability and healthy lives.
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate to support and share our vision and mission in the role of Vice President of Communications and Marketing.
The Vice President of Marketing will lead the Marketing Department and serve on the Leadership Team of United Way of Allen County.
The primary function of this role is to develop and implement the marketing and communication strategy for the organization. Other duties will include:
- Ensure the Marketing Committee provides appropriate oversight for the marketing strategy.
- Articulate the role of United Way to various audiences through multiple channels.
- Clarify what stakeholders require to meaningfully connect with the organization.
- Manage multiple, time-bound projects with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Uphold and serve as an example of United Way’s values.
Education: BA/BS degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Requires seven or more years of work in strategic marketing, communications, media relations and/or public relations. Strong media relationships and market research a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong writing and editing skills across traditional and electronic media channels
- Writing content for the Web, including blogs and social media.
- Strong time management, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Mastery of computer software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively, foster teamwork, and build positive relationships with low-income persons, community leaders, agency partners, donors, co-workers and volunteers.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, etc.)
- Valid Indiana Driver’s License and required minimum insurance coverage.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer