Weekend Activities Facilitator
|Title:||Weekend Activities Facilitator|
Facilitate activities at camp on weekends as needed and as experienced.
- Facilitate assigned activity or assist with assigned activity according to GSNIM policies and procedures
- Inventory, set up, and maintain program facility and equipment
- When facilitating Equestrian activities, care for horses as needed
- Assure that all operations follow GSUSA, ACA and GSNIM guidelines
- Maintain and submit all required records as necessary
- Serve as a role model in guiding campers through appropriate behaviors, language, attitudes, and activities
- Participate in orientation, staff training, skill verifications prior to facilitation
- Evaluate current season and make recommendations for equipment, supplies, and program for following season(s)
- Other duties as assigned to meet the Council’s goals.
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
- Appropriate certification for activity:
- Successful completion of GSNIM high and low ropes training and climbing wall(s) training
- Archery Certification
- Lifeguard, waterfront module
- Canoe/Kayak certification
- Sailing certification
- Other as needed
Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong background in leadership or supervision
- Excellent judgment and emergency management skills
- Excellent organization and communication skill
- Experience teaching, either formally or informally
- Knowledge and/or experience in outdoor education
- Willingness to adhere and promote the philosophies of Girl Scouts
- Good character, integrity and adaptability
- Experience working with children
- Experience and enjoyment of camping/outdoors
Physical/Mental Essential Requirements:
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, moderate lifting and carrying (up to thirty (30) pounds).
- Full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Minimum age of 18 years
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to focus on detail and accuracy of work product.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as needed.
- Occasional high stress may be experienced in dealing with girls, staff and volunteers.
- A commitment and passion for the Girl Scout Mission and an ability to effectively promote and communicate the Mission and Vision to external and internal stakeholders.
- Willingness to become of member of GSUSA