United Way of Allen County is seeking a well-qualified individual to serve as our Office Manager who will be the first point of reference for individuals, constituents and volunteers who seek to engage with the organization. Located at the front desk, this person will present the First Face of the company to all visitors.
The Office Manager reports directly to the President & CEO and is a highly organized, self-directed strategic thinker that is able to set priorities and solve problems while developing cooperative and productive relationships with a diverse group of colleagues, board members, and volunteers. She/he is deadline driven with the ability to produce required deliverables under pressure and tight time constraints. She/he works cross-functionally to coordinate and report on multiple projects and daily internal organizational operations.
- Presents image of the organization to all guests, constituents, board and committee members, and employees;
- Provides direct administrative support to the President & CEO including management of active calendar of appointment, creation and modification of documents such as reports, memos, letters, financial, and expense reports;
- Coordinates, facilitates and provides logistical support for organizational and community initiatives led by the CEO;
- Coordinates executive office and board meetings to ensure they are well organized, all pertinent information is provided and chairpersons are prepared. Includes meeting notices, reminder calls, agenda creation, support materials, and room set-up. Attends meetings and records minutes as assigned.
- Supports the overall administration of the organization through management of the facilities and office supplies and services.
- Answers general inquiries and obtains information requested or refers to appropriate staff;
- Serves as champion, project lead and/or member of organizational teams as required;
- Maintains complete confidentiality in all aspects of information pertaining to the organization, its employees, board members and constituents.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of Associate’s Degree in business-related field.
- At least 2 years experience in an administrative support role in business environment.
- Must possess excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritize work, handle multiple tasks and follow-up to ensure responsibilities are fulfilled
- Be at advanced user level with Microsoft Office and database skills.
- Have excellent telephone skills
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to adapt to frequently changing priorities
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Proficient with office various types of office equipment
- Thorough understanding of customer relationship management, project management and continuous quality improvement principles.
- Knowledge of office management principles and practices.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects.
This is an hourly, non-exempt position. The incumbent will be offered a generous benefits package that includes paid time off and holidays, health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits and a retirement plan that includes employer matching contributions. EEO/Vets/Disabled employer.
PLEASE NOTE: A current resume and completed application are required for consideration for this position.