We are seeking a Health Manager - Apply now for our Summer Camp!
Oversee management and operation of Health Services.
- Oversee administration of medications or treatments to campers and staff as authorized in medical treatment procedures or by written parent or physician request.
- Assist staff with campers that have special needs, by providing information or assistance, as needed.
- Keep accurate written records of all medication and treatment given in accordance with GSUSA and ACA standards.
- Distribute and maintain first aid supplies and equipment for units, kitchen and program areas.
- Maintain camp health center, including an inventory of health and first aid supplies.
- Notify Camp Director of ill or injured campers and staff.
- Supervise any campers staying in the health center.
- Communicate with parents about their daughters’ medical condition.
- On opening day of session, screen all campers and staff for existing illness or injury according to written health procedures.
- Communicate with unit staff regarding any special medical needs of campers and with the cook concerning any dietary restrictions. Manage all camper files and forms. Assist with preparing lists.
- Prepare required paperwork such as insurance forms, supply inventories or written reports.
- Learn content of ACA and GSUSA standards regarding health services for camp programs and make recommendations to GSNIM policies and procedures as needed.
- Complete end-of-session procedures and paperwork.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Camp Director
- Other duties as assigned to meet the Council’s goals
- LPN/RN/EMT or other advanced certification by state of Indiana preferred
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
- Previous camp nursing or related experience
- Good judgment and ability to remain calm in emergencies.
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills
- Excellent communication and public relations skills
- Willingness to adhere and promote the beliefs and philosophies of Girl Scouts of Northern Indiana-Michiana.
- Knowledge of appropriate treatment of minor injuries and other conditions requiring first aid.
- Discretion and knowledge of protocol regarding confidentiality of health records and patient conditions and treatments.
- Good character, integrity and adaptability
- Experience or interest in working with children
- Experience and enjoyment of camping/outdoors