Registration & Office Assistant
|Title:||Registration & Office Assistant|
The Registration & Office Assistant performs tasks related to membership, events, camp, and adult training registration; customer support for registration platform end user questions, troop maintenance; and reports as needed. Provides administrative and clerical support to business operations and CES Manager; and coordinates maintenance of miscellaneous office equipment.
- Responsible for accurate data entry of membership, program, camp, and event registrations, and other data as assigned.
- Provides administrative support, specifically to business operations and other Directors as needed. Includes maintaining a working knowledge of, and coordinating maintenance, for shared office equipment, council cell phones, and other miscellaneous equipment.
- Maintains adequate record keeping and database administration including troop maintenance and updates.
- Provides first level quality support to internal and external customers; in person, over the phone, or email.
- Ensures the accurate and confidential maintenance of organized membership records and documents.
- Provides back up support to the front desk and council store, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the council’s goals.
- High school diploma or equivalent
Knowledge and Experience:
- Three to five years of previous office experience, including prior database experience
- Strong data entry skills
- Ability to type 60 wpm
- Experience in alpha and numeric data entry using a variety of specialized formats
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and prioritize workload, while managing multiple deadlines
- Outstanding customer service and people skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality with work-related information
- Strong keyboarding skills with knowledge of MS Office Suite, spreadsheets, and database management
- Demonstrated ability to handle high-volume tasks with accuracy
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
Physical/Mental Essential Requirements:
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, moderate lifting and carrying (up to thirty (30) pounds).
- Full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Ability to sit at a computer work station for extended periods of time.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to focus on detail and accuracy of work product.
- Work is performed primarily in a non-smoking office environment, though travel may expose employee to inclement weather conditions.
- Valid Driver's License and willingness to travel to various work and meeting locations to meet with volunteers and staff.
- Insurable under the Council’s policy for driving and proof of personal vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as needed.
- Occasional high stress may be experienced in dealing with staff and volunteers.
- A commitment and passion for the Girl Scout Mission and an ability to effectively promote and communicate the Mission and Vision to external and internal stakeholders.
- Willingness to become of member of GSUSA
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications